Questions to ponder:
- What should our priority be? (What God wants)
- What are these companies spending their resources on?
- The movies that these companies are making, what do they promote?
- My opinion and advice
- Is there a good alternative?
1. What should our priority be?
We as Christians know what is good and what is evil. We should be the light of the world, but if our eyes are dark, our whole body will be in darkness (Matthew 6:23). How can we speak against popular evils such as abortion, same-sex marriage, euthanasia, drugs, stealing, lying and more if we support the very companies that promote these ideas?
2. What are these companies spending their resources (your money) on?
I will mention only a few to save time. The list does not stop here.
Companies in support of same-sex “marriage”:
- Viacom (Paramount, Nickelodeon), Discovery Channel, Warner Brothers (Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, DC), Apple, Starbucks, Google, Meta (Facebook), eBay, Nike, Microsoft, Instagram, Disney, Amazon and more.
Companies that support abortion:
- Amazon (Netflix), Apple, Comcast, Meta (Facebook), Paramount, Starbucks, Warner Brothers, Netflix (Amazon), Sony, Disney, Microsoft and more.
3. The movies that these companies are making, what do they promote?
All under the name of “harmless entertainment”. These movies promote murder, theft, lies, fornication, blasphemy, same-sex marriage, gender dysphoria, abortion and more.
4. My opinion and advice
How can I or any other Christian, while knowing these facts, continue watching movies that promote the very evils I am trying to protect people from? We as Christians want to be the light of the world, we want people to see a difference in us, so that they will glorify our Father in heaven (Matthew 5:16). We want people to be convicted of their sins and seek Jesus as their savior.
We are hypocrites (something that Jesus spoke a lot about) if we continue supporting these evil companies for our pleasure.
Imagine for a moment that Jesus was sitting next to you while you are watching a movie where the main actor blasphemes His name over and over again. Or where the objective of the main character is to rob a bank, kill or commit adultery. Or if the movie you are watching promotes same sex-marriage. What would He think of you?
I used to go to the movies at least once a week, I have seen thousands of movies, many times over. I have played hundreds of videogames and in some cases I was one of the “best” at them. If I can quit giving my money away to the cinemas, if I can quit watching evil movies, and if I can quit evil videogames so can you. One thing you have to remember, you cannot succeed on your own strength, pray and ask God for help. Not by might, not by power, but by the Spirit.
To be absolutely clear, if you knowingly watch movies, play videogames or listen to music created by companies that support evil then you are supporting evil, remember that God will hold you accountable for the decisions you make in this life.
5. Is there a good alternative?
Yes. Christians around the world are making movies that are based on the Bible and support good moral values. If you buy these movies, you are financially helping their creators to keep doing the good work they are doing (instead of, for example, helping Disney doing satan’s work).
I can recommend one good Christian alternative streaming service: www.answers.tv
Answers.tv is not mindless entertainment. There are good moral values to be learned, scientific videos, documentaries, reviews, and more.